A free 4 day programme of music and creative workshops for ages 12+
Monday 17th- Thursday 20th July from 2pm onwards
Places limited so apply now using the form below!
Summersound will run from 2pm until 8.30pm and follow the following schedule:
2pm – 4pm Workshops, tuition and rehersal facilities will be available
4pm-4.30pm Short break with some refreshments for participants
4.30 – 6.30pm Workshops, tuition and rehearsal facilities will be available
6.30pm – 8.30pm Live rehearsal rooms, video performance stage and digital recording studio available.
Summersound will take place at South Bridge Resource Centre, Infirmary Street, Edinburgh. EH1 1LT.
This 4 day creative programme has been made possible by a whole bunch of youth work service providers in Edinburgh coming together to offer FREE creative workshops during the summer holidays. Canongate Youth, Totally Sound, Reel Youth Media, Urban Word will be coming together on July 17th to bring Summersound to life for 4 days of creative musical mayhem at South Bridge Resource Centre.
We will be updating this page with a complete list of workshops that are available at Summersound but here is a flavour of some of the exciting stuff we have planned for the week…
- We will be hosting a graffiti/stage decoration workshop to create some dazzling visuals for our performance stage
- Reel Youth Media will be inviting participants to create live performance music videos
- Urban Word will be hosting songwriting session with specialist songwriting and lyricist tutors
- Instrument tuition will be available in drums, keyboards, guitar, bass, and vocals
- Support will be provided to young musicians and performers to create bands and performance groups
- Experienced young performers will be on hand to mentor our younger participants
- Digital DJ-ing tuition will be available with professional DJ’s dropping in to share their tips and tricks
- We will be hosting a ‘Print Your Own Band T Shirt’ workshop
- Digital photography workshops with Reel Youth Media will see participants document the week with creative photography
- Live rehearsal rooms will be available to book from 2pm until 8.30pm
- Our digital recording studio will be open from 4.30 until 8.30pm to provide tuition to aspiring producers and engineers and help young artists create top quality recordings
- A performance event, to be held on the evening of Thursday 20th July, will showcase all the work of the bands, performers and artists over the 4 days.